Everyone likes to get away from it all and forget about the realities of the working week, and with weekend getaway special deals taking a dream weekend away becomes all the more accessible and affordable. It is worth keeping an eye out for these deals so that you can finally afford to take a well-deserved break.
One of the best tips when looking for good deals on weekend getaways is to ask a travel agent to keep you updated with any specials that come up. This way, you can book as soon as possible before other people beat you to it. Ask to be informed of specials that are in your area so that it will be easy for you to decide on and arrange the getaway without too much hassle. If you are looking to travel a little further, sign up to receive emails from budget airlines about sales they are having. When flight specials come up, you need to book quickly as discounted seats are limited. Airlines such as 1time and kulula.com have regular sales. To sign up for newsletters, simply visit the relevant website and enter your email address.
Another way of sourcing weekend getaway special deals is to look for off-season prices. These can be significantly lower than the peak season prices. Try catching places in between season to take advantage of lower prices. You can also ask to be kept in mind for last-minute discounted deals on accommodation for when there have been booking cancellations or if there are empty rooms to fill. Supply your name to places in your area where you would like to stay and tell them that you are interested should there be any rooms to fill at the last minute.
Package deals can also be a way of saving money on the entire getaway experience. Package deals can include flights, accommodation, food, activities, car rental and other expenses you may incur on your weekend getaway. If you source all these things from one supplier as a package deal you can save money and save time on having to organise the various aspects of your holiday. To find out about different package deals on offer, join a holiday club online or contact your travel agent to receive emails and updates with the new specials that become available.
Cape Town is probably one of the more popular tourist destinations for a week end break so why not check out the Cape Town Tourism video below for a closer look?
Video of Cape Town South Africa:
Current specials available
- Manhattan Suites in Cape Town. Between 01 November 2011 and 31 October 2012 you can enjoy 2 nights at the Manhattan Suites for discounted rates at R 1,538.00 per person sharing. Each guest room has wireless internet, cable televisions, and DVS players. Each room also have a kitchen and a private bathroom with a spa tub to really let you soak up some relaxation.
- At the Ocean reef hotel and Apartments, you have direct access to the beach via a private boardwalk and can enjoy the beautiful surroundings of a lagoon with dunelands and indigenous costal forest. From 01 November 2011 to 31 October 2012 you can stay in a 2 bedroom penthouse with panoramic views of the area for 2 nights at a cost of R1, 696.00 per person sharing.
- The Cape Hollow Boutique is offering a 2 night stay between 01 January 2012 and 31 March 2012 for R 2,070.00 per person sharing. Rooms have coffee and tea makers and satellite television. You can also dine in the hotel restaurant.
- The Jozini Tiger Lodge is easily accessible from both Gauteng and Durban, perfect for a quick getaway. The lodge is positioned overlooking the Jozini Dam and has an impressive collection of facilities. Two nights at the Jozini Tiger Lodge will cost R 2,204.00 per person sharing from 01 November 2011 to 31 October 2012.
- For something spectacular, try the Victoria Fall Safari Lodge, voted Zimbabwe’s best safari lodge for 11 years in a row. The lodge is set on a plateau facing the Zambezi National Park and you can almost feel the mist from the waterfall on the expansive patios. From 10 January 2012 to 29 February 2012, 3 nights at the lodge will cost you R 2,395.00 per person sharing.